The YRT Team will host the Fall 2015 Faculty Roundtable at Yale on Wednesday evening, September 30th, 2015. Dartmouth Professor of Physics and Astronomy Marcelo Gleiser and Yale Research Scientist Norman Chonacky will lead the discussion.
Issues for discussion:
- Quantum Theory is predictive, powerful, productive.
- Quantum Theory seems to suggest that mere observation can change, even determine, reality.
- Quantum Theory suggests that a specific sort of observation on one side of the universe can instantaneously be registered (or influence reality) on the other side of the universe.
- Empirical experimentation over the last 15 years seems to be confirming #2 and #3.
- What might any of this mean to science (natural and social), philosophy, and the place of humanity in a post-Quantum world?
When: Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2015
6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Where: Yale University
For more information, click here